Featured post

English short story: A Lion and a mouse

A friend in need is a friend indeed Once upon a time there lived a lion in a forest. One day, after a heavy meal he wa...

Thursday 6 February 2014

How to join Indian air force. How to join Indian air force even if you are not from science background.

photo courtesy: google images
If you are from arts background and want to join the Indian Air Force as an officer, dont loose heart. Being from the same stream I myself once wanted to join the forces but I had heard that only science stream students are eligible for it.
But my quest for the forces didnt let me sleep peacefully so I confirmed from many people.
I applied for it, took the exam and appeared in the SSB at Dehradun No. 1 AFSB.
I could not make it and was out of the last/conference round 2007.

There are three branches in the Indian Air Force
1. Flying Branch
2. Technical Branch
3. Ground Branch

Flying and Technical branches are for the science stream students.

* If you are from arts or commerce background then you can join the force as a Ground Duty Officer.
Ground Duty Officers are further divided into:
1. Logistics
2. Accounts
3. Administration
4. Meteorology
5. Education.

All you need is minimum 60 % in you graduation and you should be between 19-23.
If you do MA, then your minimum percentage should be 50 and age up to 25.
Its vacancies are published twice a year.


2 comments:

  1. i never kenw that arts students can join it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I didn't know it before. I asked my seniors, my NCC officials and I got no information. But I didn't give up. I knocked many doors and then finally landed on the government website, read the eligibility. I wrote it here so that people like me do not get disheartened from the false narrative that non-science students can't join.

      Delete